Vijay Mallya Life Biography – Vijay Vittal Mallya (born 18 December 1955) is an Indian businessman and a former member of the Upper House of the Parliament of India. The son of businessman Vittal Mallya, he is the ex-chairman of United Spirits. He has been the chairman of Sanofi India (previously known as Hoechst AG and Aventis) and the chairman of Bayer CropScience in India for over 20 years. He is the subject of an extradition effort by the Indian Government to return him to India from the UK to face charges of financial crimes.
This biography provides detailed information about his childhood, profile, career, Physical Stats, Personal Life, Relationships, Family, Favourite Things, Money Factor, Awards, Achievements, History, Wiki, Height, Weight, Son, Daughter, Age, Girlfriends, Children, Wife, Story and timeline.
Biography & Wiki
|Real Name||Vijay Vittal Mallya|
|Nickname||The King of “Good Times”|
|Political Journey||• Became a member of the Akhila Bharata Janata Dal in 2000.|
• Elected to the Rajya Sabha in 2002 as an independent member from his home state of Karnataka.
• Re-elected to the Rajya Sabha for a second term in 2010 From BJP.
|Height (approx.)||centimeters- 175 cm|
meters- 1.75 m
Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||Kilograms- 85 kg|
Pounds- 187 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 December 1955|
|Age (as in 2016)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||La Martinière Calcutta (LMC), Kolkata, West Bengal|
|College||St Xavier’s College, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Com (Hons)|
|Family||Father– Vittal Mallya|
Mother– Lalitha Ramaiah (biological mother),
Ritu Mallya (step-mother)
|Hobbies||Watching F1 Car Race, Horse Breeding, Listening to vintage music|
| Awards/Honours || • “Doctorate of Philosophy” in Business Administration, by the Southern California University for Professional Studies in 1997.|
• Legion of Honour, the highest civilian award in France.
• “Global leader for tomorrow” by World Economic Forum.
• “Entrepreneur of the Year” award at The Asian Awards in 2010.
|Favourite Food||Kane Rava, (Kane fish in rava batter), Kori Gasi, Appams, Sannas, Mishti Doi, Crabs|
|Favourite Wine||Ferrari Carano|
|Favourite Fashion Brands||Armani, Valentino, Manoviraj Khosla, Roberto Cavalli|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Pinky Lalwani, former Kingfisher Airlines employee|
|Wife||Sameera Tyabjee Mallya, former Air-hostess (1986-1987)|
Rekha Mallya (1993-present)
|Children||Son– Siddharth Mallya (son from first wife)|
Daughters– Leanna Mallya, Tanya Mallya, Leila Mallya (step- daughter)
|Net Worth||INR 615 Crore (as in 2014)|
|Car Collection||Ferrari 1965 California Spyder, Ensign MN08, Jaguar XJ220, Jaguar XJR15 Race car, Bentley, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, Chevrolet Corvette, Porsche 550 Spyder|
|Jet Collection||Boeing 727, Airbus A319 ACJ, Gulfstream III, Hawker HS125|
|House/Estate||• Kingfisher Villa worth INR 75 Crore in Goa|
• A lavish home worth $1.2 million in Sausalito, California
• A penthouse worth $2.4 million in Trump Plaza, New York, USA
• Clifton Estate worth $8.4 million in Cape Town, South Africa
• A “country home” in Hertfordshire, England
• Keillour Castle, Perthshire, Scotland
• A sea-facing bungalow on Napean Sea Road, South Mumbai
• A house on the plush Sardar Patel Marg in New Delhi
Vijay Mallya Life Biography – Known Facts About Vijay Mallya
- Does Vijay Mallya smoke: Yes
- Does Vijay Mallya drink alcohol: Yes